Advertisements

SB Beauty Chronicles: Lash Extensions

9 May

SB is starting a new monthly beauty feature! Let’s face it (no pun intended), we can all use a little beauty pick me up, every once in a while. This month’s feature is all about lashes. Wink wink.

Whether you like to hit the snooze button or just want more freedom to work out, make breakfast, meditate, or spend time with your family, I think we would all like to have some extra time in the morning.

I’ve recently discovered a solution and one major way to cut down on your morning routine – lash extensions. I’ve always been “skeptical” about any type of extensions, because I had so many questions. But, I decided to take the plunge, try them out, and share my experience with all of you.

It was relaxing, painless, and they are a dream. Check out my results, before & after photos, and FAQs:

Will extensions damage my natural lashes?
No. If you are going to a reputable salon and a skilled technician, your natural lashes will be perfectly fine.

How long do the extensions last?
About a month or two (then you can get “fills” as needed).

Can I wear eyeliner/ mascara?
The BEST part about having lash extensions is that you don’t need to wear any. Your lashes are full enough to create the look of natural eyeliner. And no mascara is needed with those gorgeous full lashes.

How long does the initial application take?
About 2 hours, which means you can put down your phone and relax!

How much do they cost?
A high quality, full set of lashes is typically around $300. But, Dolce Blu is doing a special for all Style Beacon followers for only $129. Just mention STYLE BEACON when booking your appointment.

Will I be sad when they are gone?
Maybe. JK! If you decide to forgo any fills, they will eventually fall off naturally. But, during the time that you have the extensions, you can use Latisse, RevitaLash, Lash Boots, etc. That way, your natural lashes will have some extra volume when the time comes to part with your extensions.

Let me know if you would like to see more SB Beauty Chronicles or have any other questions about my experience!

michelle-kuta-zuzek-style-beacon-dolce-blue-lash-extensions-before-and-after
Before & After – Lashes by Dolce Blu

Advertisements

11 Responses to “SB Beauty Chronicles: Lash Extensions”

1. triplyksis May 10, 2017 at 1:34 pm #

I’ve been curious about lash extensions so I always appreciate an opportunity to learn more about them. Thank you!

2. Rita May 10, 2017 at 5:44 pm #

Great post, very informative! Always love to Learn more. Thanks for sharing.
    Rita | http://www.styleroundtheclock.com

3. Ashley May 10, 2017 at 7:58 pm #

I’ve been thinking about getting lash extensions, so found this post very helpful!! Thanks for answering my questions!!!

4. April May 11, 2017 at 12:42 am #

I’ve been thinking about getting lash extensions and after seeing yours sign me up!

April | http://www.thebluehydrangeas.com

5. Jessie Thompson May 11, 2017 at 9:52 am #

Hey really make your eyes pop nicely. Beautiful eyes.

6. Kelsey May 11, 2017 at 8:34 pm #

i love reading eyelash extension reviews because i always go back and forth whether i want to get the or not!! I just don’t know if i can keep up with the upkeep! Yours look great!

xo Kelsey | http://www.chasingcinderellablog.com

7. Nicole Leffew May 11, 2017 at 9:23 pm #

They look gorgeous! Loved reading all of this information as I am looking to get them! Thanks girl! xo

8. xoxobellablog May 11, 2017 at 10:06 pm #

I love eye lashes extension I use to get them done all the time.

9. Justine May 11, 2017 at 11:53 pm #

Hey girl! So funny that you posted this as I saw it on your Snapchat. I just got them done 3 weeks ago and I’ve gotten nothing but compliments and I’ve easily saved not only time but money when it’s all said and done. My routine generally speaking now includes applying my moisturizer, applying lipstick/balm and occasionally brows. It’s insane how much the eyelashes do for my entire face! I’ve entirely cut out the rest of my makeup because I love this more natural but awake look… I was extremely skeptical about it too but after a girlfriend told me all the benefits and having had them for years, I took the plunge. And the process of getting them done was so easy and relaxing I slept the entire 2 hours. Haha! 🙂 Note that this is not requred from the place I went to but I wear contacts and decided to wear my contacts instead for my appointment (and yes I did need to adjust the way I put contacts in but nothing major!) love love love mine!

10. Samantha May 12, 2017 at 9:06 am #

Your lashes look so gorgeous! I have always wondered about these, thanks for sharing 🙂
    @samanthabowers_

11. Brooke May 17, 2017 at 9:36 am #

You are stunning and your extensions look so natural!

xo,